Thursday, February 6, 2014

Happy National Chopsticks Day!

Blogger of the Day: Heather at Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes

Any girl who names her blog after my favorite meal is already scoring bigtime points in my book, plus extra bonus points for her dreamy photos too! Each post is a gorgeous pictorial essay of the recipe from start to finish...I especially love those with whimsically textful ingredient shots. Heather emphasizes the beautiful bounty of the garden and how to bring out the best from each delectable element. The recipes themselves are a rich mix of flavors and colors, and they are totally doable by bumbly bloggers like me. It's so fun to explore new cuisines and combinations and then impress the bloomers off everyone when you plant the final dish on the table!  :)

When I was little my grandpa used to take us out once a month for Chinese food and my mom is a stir fry fiend so I learned to eat with chopsticks early on. I'm actually ridiculously laughable at using them. I once shot a chickpea across the table into my brother's soup...he's lucky I didn't hit him square in the eye. Sorry kiddo...next time better bring your goggles.  ;) 

I still love using chopsticks because they're boatloads of fun plus they keep you from eating your food too fast. A yumful bowl of Heather's soba noodles or a row of her spring rolls or even a truffle or two will last a luxuriously long time if you twirl them up with chopsticks!  :)












You can't visit a pancake-themed blog without digging into a stack and I promise you, this one is sooooo worth it! I give you permission to put down the sticks and grab your pancake fork.  ;)


Do you ever eat with chopsticks? Just Asian food or any edible thing? What else might you do with chopsticks? Challenge...how fast can you eat 10 chickpeas with your trusty chopsticks?  ;)

Celebrate some more with our 2014 Daily Food Holiday and Featured Blogger Series!

6 comments:

  1. I had no idea it was national chopsticks day. That is too funny! Lots of pretty things to eat here with chopsticks. Although, I am actually terrible with them. Sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol...me too, but I refuse to give in to the temptation of the fork! ;)

      Delete
  2. What a funny yet strangely appealing holiday! Some of my favorite foods are eaten with chopsticks, and I think that your roundup covers a good number of them, too. You've gotten me seriously craving cold soba noodles- That picture is simply luscious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to make your Cold Sesame Noodles, maybe with black sesame seeds and purple and orange carrots for a little midwinter colordrama. ;)

      Delete
  3. I had no idea there was even such a thing as a chopsticks day. The best thing eat with chopsticks is Earth Balance cheddar puffs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! One of my friends insists on eating cheezy puffs with a spoon but chopsticks are so much better...brilliant! Next time I see her I'm bringing her puffs and sticks! :)

      Delete