Saturday, March 1, 2014

Happy National Fruit Compote Day!

Blogger of the Day: Joseph at Joseph Shuldiner
Pubs: Pure Vegan: 70 Recipes for Beautiful Meals and Clean Living

I love going to visit my Uncle T...he's a crazyfun teacher, world traveler and art collector, plus one of the best vegan chefs on the planet. He's a passionate cookbook collector so he was overthemoonhappy when I got him Pure Vegan...it's full of fabulous foods and photos and is almost too beautiful to use but of course he does! My favorites so far are the Muhammara, Jicama Salad and Pistachio Olive Oil Cake...yumza! I should have gotten a copy of this book for myself but for now I'm happy to sample dishes and learn all I can from my talented Uncle T.  :)

The author of Pure Vegan, Joseph Shuldiner, is an artist, writer, gardener, educator and entrepreneur who also started the Altadena Farmers' Market and the Institute of Domestic Technology. He doesn't have a recipe blog (he's probably too busy!) but he and his publisher, Chronicle Books, have shared several of the best recipes such as these...









http://www.josephshuldiner.com/
Joseph's artwork is unforgettably stunning and sensitive...check it out in his online portfolio under Fine Art.

Do you have a favorite vegan who teaches you how to cook? What's your favorite cookbook? Which cookbooks are at the top of your wish list?  :)

Find more feasts in our 2014 Daily Food Holiday and Featured Blogger Series!

No comments:

Post a Comment