Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Stuff of Life

Happy Eat a Red Apple Day!
Since everything and everyone is getting stuffed this week, let's do stuffed apples!  :)

from Allyson Kramer

from Melissa at The Papaya Chronicles

from Angela at Oh She Glows

from CL Cloud at A Twist of Life

from Zel at Vegetarians in Paradise

from Mary at Fit and Fed

from Kristin at Waking Up Vegan

from Mark and Gary: The Plant Based Diet Guys

from Dan's Good Side

from Jaymi at TreeHugger

I can imagine all sorts of apple bowl fillings...chickpea "chicken" salad, curried rice, edamame radicchio carrot slaw, caramel pudding...and definitely more baked granolas and oatmeals!

Have you tried stuffing apples? What's your favorite filling? Did you get stuffed this week?  ;)

6 comments:

  1. I love stuffed apples--I'd take one of each of these! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your farro-stuffed baked apples are a fabulous idea! I definitely would try this with vegan cheese and butter! :)

      Delete
  2. I have tried stuffing apples before! I like raisins and walnuts and cinnamon....mmmm! I never thought to put a savoury filling in- great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised I didn't find more herby/cheezy kind of fillings...I'd love to see what you create! :)

      Delete
  3. Yummy! I do baked pples very simply, with dates, raisins and maybe maple syrup- oh, and a bit of cinnamon too.

    ReplyDelete