Sunday, January 26, 2014

Happy National Pistachio Day!

Blogger of the Day: Nina at Veggie Wedgie
Pubs: Vegan and Living Raw Food

Certified Raw Chef and Dharma Yoga Instructor Nina creates beautiful and healthy recipes that are simple and yumfully filling from her home in sunny Greece. Most of her recipes are raw, a few are cooked and all feature fruits, nuts, veggies and grains in pure and nourishing ways. Her professional chef training and extraordinary photography shine radiantly through each recipe...it's difficult to resist these elegantly down-to-earth delights!

Pistachios are my sister's favorite nut...she used to plant herself on my grandpa's lap and the two of them would polish off a bag in record time. I love 'em too but she's got a wicked addiction to the little green charmers. She's always thrilled to see a plateful of chocolate brownies sprinkled with chopped pistachios...it's my favorite form of bribery if I need to borrow something.  ;)

Right now sis needs a bit of cheering up so I think a jar of pistachio butter with a big bow on it will do the trick!  :)












Have you tried pistachio butter? Or maybe mixed in a few pistachios when you're making another nut or seed butter? What's your favorite pistachioed recipe? If you could receive any treat in a jar right now, what would it be?  :)

Check out the rest of our 2014 Daily Food Holiday and Featured Blogger Series!

4 comments:

  1. I love pistachios- would like to make a vegan pistachio icecream some day. They are quite expensive here, or I'd definitely have made pistachio butter by now! Thanks for the links- will check out Nina's blog, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a scoop of pistachio ice cream and a scoop of your banana ice cream would be a delicious double scoop! Or maybe pistachio and mango scoops...mmmmyes! :)

      Delete
  2. I love snacking on pistachios; they serve as one of my favorite airline snacks. I have yet to try pistachio butter….and I wonder if a pistachio milk sounds good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pistachio milk sounds crazyamazing and it's too easy to pass up...
      Pistachio Milk from Chef AJ and Julieanna Hever
      Homemade Pistachio Milk from Autumn Makes & Does
      I've got a pistachio coconut smoothie on the brain too...yumza! :)

      Delete