Sunday, August 24, 2014

Happy National Peach Pie Day!

Blogger of the Day:  Freda at lovesmiths

From indie band star to academic to mom teaching her 13 year old son how to cook in the kitchen, Freda rocks whatever she does, including this peach of a pie!  ;)












Catch a Q&A with Freda and pick up her secret recipe for a delicate French delight!

and a few of Freda's drumrunning gigs through the years, some with husband guitarist Jake Smith, some with Juliana Hatfield...
Robbie Fulks & Freda Love Smith - Temptation Eyes
Robbie Fulks & Freda Love Smith - Tall Tall Trees

The Mysteries Of Life - Going Through The Motions
Mysteries of Life LIVE! on Conan O'Brien
Wish You Well ~ Mysteries of Life
The Mysteries of Life - Stop Thinking

Antenna "Shine"
Antenne - Redmoon

Lament by Blake Babies (1989)
Star (blake Babies) remaster
Blake Babies - Until I Almost Died
Juliana Hatfield/Blake Babies - Out There video (1990)(HQ)

What were the first things you learned to cook? Do you listen to music while you're in the kitchen? Who are your fave indie bands? If you were in a band, what instrument would you play?  :)

Check out the rest of our 2014 Daily Food Holiday and Featured Blogger Series!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a beautiful pie! I listen to BBC Radio 4 in the kitchen these days; that or kirtan music, or dub reggae. I suppose The Smiths have to be my all time fave indie band- and I'm proud to say my daughter loves them too. I was once the vocalist in a very short-lived punk band, but I have been known to steal a go on my stepson's drum kit lately. I think I would be a drummer- the world isn't ready for my "unique" singing style!

    ReplyDelete