Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Happy Yumful Plum Day!

Blogger of the Day: Kate at Ohlalavegan!

Plums come in a rainbow of colors and are never better than at this time of year! So sweet and juicy and only about 40 calories each, they provide vitamin C and fiber and make superdelicious sauces and jams. Kate's plumtopped cake will make you hungry the minute you see it...luscious layers of fresh fruit, soft cake and rich vegan cream cheese. Yumza!  :)

In addition to her pictures and posts of her global travels (and bun-in-the-oven updates!), Kate offers timely bits of infinite wisdom...this is one that I really needed to read today. It's nice to have a little gentle re-mindfulness!  :)












What's your favorite kind of plum? Have you ever made plum jam? Which of Kate's amazing desserts would you like to try first?  ;)

3 comments:

  1. What a coincidence! I'm just about to get in the kitchen to make plum chutney with fruit our neighbour gave us from her tree. I love the red plums best for eating fresh. I make plum jam most years, sometimes with little purple damsons from our tree in the garden. My husband made a delicious plum cake the other day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Thanks so much for your post about Ohlalavegan, it's great to know you are enjoying and sharing my recipes and other posts :)
    kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Italian host made us homemade jam every other day, it was so tasty! I’ve never made plum-based cakes, before but these are some mouthwatering pictures!

    ReplyDelete