Monday, November 4, 2013

The Figgy Happy Dance

Happy National Candy Day...which happens to fall smack dab in the middle of National Fig Week. Yes, I'm doing the Figgy Happy Dance...I loveworshipadore figs!  :)

Halloween candy is a bucketful of chocolate fun but all those candy bars can equal cocoa overload. Figs are a welcome break from all that packaged snack...they're nature's delicious answer to candy! Figs are just as sweet as any confection but a whole lot healthier...full of calcium and potassium and fiber. They are available fresh from late Spring through Fall and dried all year round. They're snackable straight up, or you can add them to all sorts of things for a sweet chewy zing!  :)

These recipes use dried figs so you can enjoy them in any season...yay!

from Maggie at The Vegan Cookbook Aficionado

from Isa Chandra at Post Punk Kitchen

from Emily at This Rawsome Vegan Life

from Isa Chandra at Post Punk Kitchen

from Carolyn at Soulshine Vegan

from Jodi at happy hearted kitchen

from Faygie at Life Tastes Good

from Anne at fANNEtastic food

from Lisa's Project: Vegan

from Katherine at Green Thickies

If you still need a candified fix, try Chocolate-Dipped Figs with Almonds or Fig Lollipops

Are you a fig fan? If you had to choose a bowlful to snack on, would they be fresh or dried? Have you ever made vegan fig newtons? What makes you do a Happy Dance?

3 comments:

  1. I rarely cook or bake with figs...I love them, and I wish I could find them locally more often. Usually around Christmas I get to make a dish with them...can't wait!! I will have to bookmark some of these creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I don't cook or bake with figs that often! But I love eating them, especially dried, and in desserts! Mmmmm!

      Delete
  2. I would love to see what you all do with them! :)

    ReplyDelete