Pubs: DIY Nut Milks, Nut Butters & More from Almonds to Walnuts (available Dec.2014!)
Melissa's favorite nutty butter is almond butter so you'll find an abundance of almond buttersmothered recipes on her long list of yumful dishes. She's a superdevoted mom with nourishing healthy foods at the top of her busylist so most of her menu is easy, familyfriendly and soulhappy. Her elegant almond butter takes just a few minutes but if you don't have the time, here are some of the more popular options on the market...
• Artisana Organic Raw Almond Butter
• Cadia Organic Smooth Roasted Almond Butter
• MaraNatha Almond Butters
• Once Again Organic Smooth Almond Butter
Nut butters, lean and mean...
• some stores let you grind your own nut butters, so you'll save a few cents
• buy raw nuts in bulk when they go on sale, often in the Fall/Holiday seasons
• mix in other less expensive nuts and seeds like sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, peanuts, etc
• add in sweets, spices and favorite flavorings, like Melissa did! ;)
Do you grind your own almond butter? Do you mix in yumful stuff? What's your fave way to eat AB? :)
Find more feasts in our 2014 Daily Food Holiday and Featured Blogger Series!