• Strawberries are the only fruit with "seeds" on the outside...find more funberrybusting trivia and interesting info here.
• Always buy organic...non-organic strawberries are #2 on the list of produce with the highest levels of pesticide residue!
• In spring and summer, go local and buy from a friendly organic farm. :)
• While fall is no longer peak strawberry season, organic strawberries are available all year, both fresh and frozen.
• Legend says that if two people share a double strawberry, they will share an enchanted love. ;)
Sara hails from Madrid but she now delves deep into high science research in Denver. She's compassionate in all things, including her cooking...she revels in worldly vegan cuisines from Morroco to India to Thailand to Italy. This sweet strawberrylicious pie is based on a tart from her homecountry but it's much more cow and chickfriendly and superhealthy too! :)
Have you ever shared a strawberry treat and found enchanted love? ;)
Celebrate some more with our 2014 Daily Food Holiday and Featured Blogger Series!