My top 10 reasons to groovehappy in Fall...
• Halloween candy
• crazycreative Halloween costumes
• collecting ginkgo leaves
• thick hoodie sweatshirts
• spices...sales, specials and new catalogs
• spiked & spicy hot drinks
• pumpkin carving (I suck at it but it's fun and messy and you get to roast pumpkin seeds!)
• pumpkin squares
• casseroles and chili bowls, especially topped with crushed chips
• sweet potatoes, pears and apples, apples, apples!
Fuji, Gala, Honeycrisp, Granny Smith...some people play favorites but I love them all. You can get apples all year long but Fall is when the new crops roll out by the truckload. Farmers' markets are full of them but even better is a trip to pick your own! Find farms (stick with organic!), varieties and pick up tips, then hit the road! :)
Kelly is a frequent Fall farm visitor...every year she picks up a bucketful of apples, then creates spinningly yumful pies and cakes and crumbles and more...all so good! My list of Vegan Thyme bookmarks is a mile long...it was so hard to pick just a few to feature! Check out her website for zillions more recipes (she's a baking maniac so expect lots of craveworthy cakes!) and say hi to her new Great Pyr pup too! :)
Apple Pie with Uber-Flaky Crust
Apple Tart Cherry Crostata
Reason #11...Chicago VeganMania is this weekend...Yippee!
Name your...favorite kind of apple? favorite apple dessert? Favorite things about Fall? :)
Celebrate some more with our 2014 Daily Food Holiday and Featured Blogger Series!