Mental Floss' "11 Sandwiches Named After Famous People" caught my eye awhile back.
Creative...yes. Carnivorous...uh huh. Veganizable...you bet. ;)
So I give you Mental Floss' list with The Vegan Sandwich Switch.
1.The Scott Baio: "homemade mozzarella is layered with prosciutto di parma,
sopressata, banana peppers, basil and a dollop of balsamic vinegar"
The Switch: Vegan Muffalettas
from TP at My Mess Their Kitchen
the Keira Knightley, the Jennifer Garner, and the Britney Spears"
The Switch: Chicago-Style Vegan Hot Dogs
from Angela at The Veracious Vegan
3. The Woody Allen: "a towering mess of corned beef and pastrami
that could very well outweigh the pint-sized writer/director himself"
The Switch: Vegan Pastrami on Homemade Rye
from Kelly at Vegan Thyme
4. Justin Timberlake’s Soup & Thai Sandwich: "a JT-themed meal you can prepare at home
(just make sure you’ve got some ramen noodles, BBQ ribs, bok choy, cornmeal, and peanut sauce handy)"
The Switch: Veganized Cheesy Mac and Rib
from Namely Marly
using vegan provolone or mozzarella from Sala at Veggie Belly
6. Jerry Seinfeld’s Comedy Special: "an open-faced bagel sandwich,
toasted then topped with peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon"
from Bianca at Vegan Crunk
7. The Mark Zuckerberg: "Boursin cheese and bacon and a side of sweet potato fries"
The Switch: Vegan White Bean Burgers with "Cheese & Bacon"
from Kathy at Healthy. Happy. Life.
8. The Spitzer: "hot tongue on rye"
The Switch: Avocado & Tomato Sandwich on Sprouted Rye Bread
from Tony at Keep Chasing
9. The Gertrude Stein: "goat cheese, roasted red peppers, tomatoes,
sweet pickled onions, cucumbers, avocado, and micro-greens"
The Switch: Cucumber Sandwiches
from Debyi at The Healthy Vegan Kitchen
10. The Al Gore: "turkey sandwich with mixed greens, feta cheese,
dried cherries, and walnuts in a tomato wheat wrap"
The Switch: Tofurky Wrap with Spinach Dip
from Jessica at Home Vegan
The Switch: Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
from River at Wing It Vegan
What are your fave sandwiches fillings? Do you go for rye or pumpernickel or more exotic breads? Which are better...hot sandwiches or cold sandwiches? :)