Pubs: Health Begins in the Kitchen: Delicious and Easy Vegan Recipes and Seasonal Food Plan
Spring is a peak artichoke season so all hail the healthy artichoke heart! Packed with potassium, fiber and folate, a 1/2 cup serving has only about 85 calories so feel free to add them to salads and scrambles and whatever you like for a light and flavorful twist! :)
Joanne is one very very smart woman...I'd say she's a superwoman! A queen of computerese, she's responsible for inventing that magical menu item called "Print Preview"...I don't know about you but I never print without it. The rest of her lengthy resume includes...
• Masters degree in electrical and biomedical engineering
• Holds 5 US patents
• 27 year career at IBM, serving as the first woman engineer to work in IBM's product development lab
• President and CEO of Ampro Computers for 9 years
• PhD in Holistic Nutrition from Clayton College of Natural Health
• Left Silicon Valley and currently researches and writes about holistic nutrition
In other words, Joanne works her tail off in everything she does and now she shares the benefits of her work and wisdom through her recipe-and-info-filled blog. Don't be intimidated...these aren't rocket scientist recipes! Most are easy and uncomplicated and many of the posts include step-by-step photos too, including this tasty tofu scramble just right for a Sunday brunch! :)
Perfect for St. Patrick's Day...
And a few more ArtiHearty recipes!
Which do you like best...artichoke hearts, marinated artichoke hearts or stuffed artichokes? What's your fave springtime veggie? Who are your favorite superwomen? :)
Find more feasts in our 2014 Daily Food Holiday and Featured Blogger Series!