Give me any excuse to wear bogs and bibs and I am on it...especially if it involves my favorite food blueberries! Apparently overalls are a hip and trendy thing now. I've worn them since I was a kid...so supercomfortable, no restricting midsection, lotsa pockets and easily cleanable. Can be cheap if you know where to go.
Once you're suited up, find a farm and pluck those suckers til you're blue in the face. Dream about what you'll do with all that blueberry goodness...pies, tarts, turnovers, smoothies. Don't forget jam. You can go the oldfashioned way or follow Alessandra's easy 1-2-3! :)
Check out these nationally known blueberry festivals if you can...
• Bethlehem Blueberry Festival...July 18-20, 2014, Bethlehem, PA
• Machias Wild Blueberry Festival...Aug 15-17, 2014, Machias, ME
• National Blueberry Festival...Aug 7-10, 2014, South Haven, MI
• Montrose Blueberry Festival...Aug 14-17, 2014, Montrose, MI
• Lexington Blueberry Festival...Aug 14-17, 2014, Lexington OH
• Wild Blueberry Festival...Aug 15-17, 2014, Paradise, MI
• Marshall County Blueberry Festival...Aug 29-Sept. 1, 2014, Plymouth, IN
• and more!
Pick up tips and info too!
Do you go berry picking in summertime? At a farm or in your backyard? Overalls for you, yes or no?
Oh yeah...don't forget sunscreen and a hat! :)
Find more feasts in our 2014 Daily Food Holiday and Featured Blogger Series!