• Lick It! Creamy Dreamy Vegan Ice Creams Your Mouth Will Love
• The Vegetarian Mother’s Cookbook: Whole Foods to Nourish Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women - and their Families
• Simply Natural Baby Food: Easy Recipes for Delicious Meals Your Infant and Toddler Will Love
My apologies for the delayed post...my system got fried in Monday's lightning zappapalooza. Big mess but a supercool storm! Many thanks to good friend J who traded tech help for vegan burgers and brownies. ;)
It's also National Gingersnap Day so Lemon Gingersnap Ice Cream is the star of the show! If you don't like lemons or gingersnap cookies, try another of Cathe's familyfriendly frozen flavors, and don't skip her non-ice cream recipes too! :)
And if you don't have an ice cream maker, here's Cathe's advice...
Making ice cream without a machine:
• Place the well-chilled ice-cream base into a fairly shallow (no deeper than two inches) freezerproof pan or dish.
• Cover and put it in the freezer.
• After about forty-five minutes, check the base.
• When it is partially frozen, remove it from the freezer and beat it vigorously with a fork or a handheld mixer.
• Beat it until it is smooth, breaking up any frozen sections.
• Return it to the freezer.
• Continue to beat the ice cream every thirty minutes and return it to the freezer.
• Repeat this process until the ice cream is frozen.
This method takes two to four hours.
(Source: "Lick It! Creamy Dreamy Vegan Ice Creams Your Mouth Will Love")
What's the craziest ice cream flavor you've ever tried? Most creative topping? Did you ever bite the tip off your cone and suck the ice cream out from the bottom? :)
Find more feasts in our 2014 Daily Food Holiday and Featured Blogger Series!