My brother is a HUGE baseball fan...he's on a mission to visit every MLB ballpark in the country and as many minor league ballparks as he can find too. He's also a ballpark frank fan so every summer I send him PETA's superfabulous lists of the most vegfriendly ballparks. Here are the 2014 lists...
PETA’s 2014 Top 10 Vegetarian-Friendly Major-League Ballparks
1. San Francisco Giants’ AT&T Park
2. Philadelphia Phillies' Citizens Bank Park
3. Pittsburgh Pirates' PNC Park
4. New York Mets' Citi Field
5. Washington Nationals' Nationals Park
6. Colorado Rockies' Coors Field
7. Seattle Mariners' Safeco Field
8. Boston Red Sox’s Fenway Park
9. Toronto Blue Jays’ Rogers Centre
10. Atlanta Braves' Turner Field
Details on what to order
PETA’s 2014 Top 5 Vegetarian-Friendly Minor-League Ballparks
1. Omaha Storm Chasers’ Werner Park
2. Buffalo Bisons’ Coca-Cola Field
3. Pawtucket Red Sox’s McCoy Stadium
4. Tacoma Rainiers’ Cheney Stadium
5. Nashville Sounds’ Herschel Greer Stadium
Details on what to order
They feature annual Top 5 Vegetarian-Friendly NFL Stadiums (2013) and Top 10 Vegetarian-Friendly NBA Arenas (2013) lists too...many thanks PETA!
If you're on a nationwide tour of ballparks, you'll find boatloads of hot dog variations depending on what part of the country you're in. One of the most popular is the Chicago-style dog, which Angela has veganized deliciously! Angela is a certified Food for Life instructor for PCRM so her recipes are smartly healthy and smack full of yum! Plus she reviews popular and new-to-the-market products (including wine!) so you'll find plenty of inspiration and ideas. She recommends Field Roast franks for her recipe but any vegan dog will do. :)
What to buy...
• Cedar Lake Foods Deli-Franks, Jumbo Franks, Tasty Links, Tofu Links, Vegi-Franks
• Field Roast Frankfurters
• Fry's (UK/Europe) Original Hot Dogs
• Lightlife Jumbo Smart Dogs, Smart Dogs, Tofu Pups
• Loma Linda Big Franks, Little Links
• SoyBoy Not Dogs, Vegetarian Franks
• Taifun (UK/Europe) Tofu Wieners
• Tofurky Jumbo Hot Dogs, Hot Dogs
• Yves Good Dogs, Hot Dogs, Jumbo Hot Dogs, Tofu Dogs
Where to buy...
• Food Fight! Grocery
• GoodnessDirect (UK)
• Pangea Vegan Store
• Planet Organic (UK)
• Your local grocery store, healthfood store or co-op
Everyone has a favorite frank...I found a few taste tests here and there, usually using 2 or 3 brands, but no clear winners overall. Calling all vegan bloggers...we need an Official Hot Dog Taste Test! ;)
What hot dog tops your list of favorites? How do you bun it up...Chicago style, Carolina style, Coney Dog, Seattle Dog or...? Do you eat ballpark food? Who gets your vote for most vegfriendly ballpark? :)
Celebrate some more with our 2014 Daily Food Holiday and Featured Blogger Series!