Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Happy Kumquat Day!

Blogger of the Day: Kris at Munchin with Munchkin

The first time I tasted kumquats was when I was a kid visiting my aunt. She had a bunch in her fridge and when I asked what they were, she said "they're just like oranges...go ahead and take a bite". I'm sure the scrunchysqueezy face I made was worthy of a hilarious home video...they're sweet on the outside but they definitely have a bitter kick inside! The first time I really started liking kumquats was as marmalade on a muffin...now that's yumful stuff!  :)

Canadian native Kris hit the trail and ended up in Texas with a cowboy hat and a camera in hand to capture everything including her hypercolorful and superdelicious kitchen brilliance!










Kumquats are little sisters to tangerines, oranges and other members of the citrus family...which is your favorite? Have you ever eaten kumquat marmalade? Has someone ever tricked you into trying a new food...or are you the trickster?  ;)

Find more feasts in our 2014 Daily Food Holiday and Featured Blogger Series!

2 comments:

  1. Kumquats are my favorite - they are very delicious in iced teas and you will see them everywhere at the tea stalls in Taiwan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like the perfect pairing. I bet those cheery vibrant kumquats in the Taiwanese tea stalls would make a fabulous photograph! :)

      Delete