Meyer lemons deliver a sunny splash of color and flavor right in the middle of winter when your eyes need a break from grey snow and sludge and skies. Meyers are a cross between lemons and mandarin oranges, with a thinner skin and a milder sweeter taste...perfect for desserts like tarts and truffles! :)
Sherry and Sandy are vegan powerhouses! Their various ventures include:
• Exploits--a long-running vegan blog of their yumful recipes
• Teaching vegan cooking and nutrition at their local college
• Project Produce--collecting fresh fruits and vegetables from farmers markets and donating the goods to the local domestic violence shelter
• Project Nourish--holding free cooking classes for low income women
• Solstice Designs--designing and making jewelry with vegan and inspirational themes
• Training for and running half-marathons
• Supporting and promoting animal rights and animal sanctuaries, including supercool Sasha Farm!
Plus they're just easygoing and helpful and spinningly nice...and their recipes will melt away your vegan cravings! :)
Are you a Meyer Lemon lover? Which would you dig for dessert...lemon ice, lemon pie or lemon poppy seed cookies? What kind of exploits are you diving into? :)
Find more feasts in our 2014 Daily Food Holiday and Featured Blogger Series!