Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Boston Cream Delish!

Happy National Boston Cream Pie Day!
An indisputably decadent masterstroke of dessert-making, but what's up with the name?
Okay, yes, pie pans usually are involved, but it's a cake-layered construction, but it can have kind of a pie crust on the bottom, but it sort of gets frosted...
Debate if you wish, I call it delish! (oh look, I rhymed!)  ;)

from Terry Hope Romero and Isa Chandra Moskowitz

from Kelly at Vegan Thyme

from Jamie at The Hearty Herbivore

from Kris at nom! nom! nom!

from Chris at vegalicious recipes

from Amy at Fragrant Vanilla Cake

from Zain Jamal

from Kathy at Healthy. Happy. Life.

from Debbie at Spice Island Vegan

from Lisa at Walk Jog Run

Have you tried Boston Cream Pie? How about Boston Cream-filled Doughnuts? Have you ever been to Boston...what's your fave vegan treat there?  :)

8 comments:

  1. I used to love Boston Cream donuts pre-vegan. I actually just posted a recipe for something like a Boston Cream donut a week or so ago on my blog. Super easy, 3 ingredients. Not exactly a Boston Cream, but nice when you have a craving. LOL. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am done for...I can't stop staring at your Chocolate Cream Donuts. They are so ridiculously easy and addictively yumful. I think if I'd had this recipe in college I'd have lived on them instead of ramen. :)

      Delete
  2. I love Boston Creme donuts at Ronald’s Donuts (or Dougnuts, can’t even remember which one) in Las Vegas, they are so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read your review of Ronald's and holyscreamin' rolling pins, those are some beauties! I've never really had the yen to get to Vegas but if I did, I'd come home with a sackful of those sweet things. :)

      Delete
  3. Oooh these are to die for!! I think they look more appealing than a regular boston cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you can share these big bad cakes...let's face it, who wants to split a doughnut in half? :)

      Delete