Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Oatmeal Hits the Oven

Happy National Oatmeal Day!      
Just like pasta tales on a whole different yum when you casserole it, oatmeal gets kicked up a notch when you bake it. In ramekins or muffin tins, give your oats a deliciously crispy bakeover!  ;)

from Lauren at The Oatmeal Artist

from Kris at Munchin with Munchkin

from SS at Mix it Up

from Melissa at My Whole Food Life

from Melissa at My Whole Food Life

from Rachel at Bakerita

from Jessie May at Made to Create

from Lauren at The Oatmeal Artist

from Chocolate Covered Katie

from Alex at Chowvida

Know your oatmeals...
Types of Oats from The Whole Grains Council

And oat mills...
Arrowhead Mills
Bob’s Red Mill
Hodgson Mill
McCann's

What are your fave oatmeal mix-ins? Do you oven-bake, slow-cook or overnight your oats? Which do you love more...oatmeal or oatmeal cookies?  :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy National “Porridge” Day! The Pineapple Upside Down Baked Oatmeal looks fantastic! I like to eat porridge on its own, but I also like using oats in polenta, too. I have yet to make oatmeal cookies, I would love to when I have time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try everything in the upside down version now...banana slices and kiwi slices and fig slices and nuts. I've never thought of using oats in polenta...supercool idea! :)

      Delete